Wednesday, February 24, 2010

FINALLY!!!

After over three years of living in this house, Miah and I FINALLY got around to painting/decorating our bedroom!!!

We both hate painting more than most people hate it. We really hate it. And by really hate it, I mean REALLY hate it. I'd rather grocery shop than paint! Yeah, it's that serious. lol But we saw an idea years and years ago that we really liked on HGTV. Simple squares painted on a wall. Somehow it just caught both of our eye(s?)(lol) and we said we'd do that when we got around to doing our room.

Well, that time finally came last weekend! One of my most favorite color combo's is blue and brown, so that's the color scheme we went with. I have been searching for a bedding set for months now and never found one I liked, so I just went online to www.overstock.com and ordered everything separately. Everything! Nothing was a set, so it was kind of scary not being able to hold the colors of everything up against everything else, but fun at the same time. And thankfully, they all look great together and we LOVE the way our room came out!!!





2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK!!! where to start, okay 1st isn't it funny that the last place you decorate is the place you actually love the most. 2nd, I LOVE the checkers!!!!!!!! 3rd, your header is SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love the pic, love your kids, love you

    ReplyDelete